This weekend a special event takes place in Philadelphia for those who want to learn more about search engine marketing, web site usability and social media. It’s called Search Camp and Social Media Camp.
For a small attendance fee of $21 (no catch. That’s all it is!), you get a weekend at Temple University with a small group of like-minded folks and experienced speakers. There are 5 time slots, beginning at 10am, with 4 choices of sessions to pick from. The last one ends at 3:45.
Not only that, running alongside this event is Pod Camp Philly. The entire program is accessible by car or quite simply you can take the train directly to the Temple University campus and walk to the Tuttleman Learning Center (short distance.) The weather for this weekend is expected to be gorgeous!
Last year I spoke at this event and was surprised at how many people flew in to attend. This year, Search Camp is honored to present Mike Grehan, of Search Engine Watch & Search Engine Strategies, as its main speaker. Mike is very funny and his knowledge of search engine technology is unmatched. He will be talking about the “Future of Search & How Social Media is Impacting It”. You will have the opportunity to ask him questions, which doesn’t happen easily at the larger Search Engine Marketing conferences.
Thirty sessions covering Search, Social Media and Usability for a weekend, at $21. You don’t need to come both days. You can be a beginner or someone seeking advanced information.
My own talks are back again this year due to how popular they were. I will be handling a site clinic, taking about community building and providing a session on usability and user experience design for conversions. All of my talks are on Sunday.
Some other talk titles are:
“What not to do. Time Wasters and Myths”
“Finding Online Marketing Talent”
“Product Selling Strategies for Websites”
“Social News and Bookmarking”
“Usability and Conversions”
“Social Media and ROI”
“Social Networking for Businesses”
and much more.
* Mike Grehan – VP, Global Content Director with Incisive Media
* Wil Reynolds – President of Seer Interactive
* Liana “Li” Evans – Director of Social Media, Serengeti Communications, Owner of Search Marketing Gurus
* Greg Meyers – President/Founder, iGESSO Internet Marketing, LLC
* Kim Krause Berg – Usability Expert & Owner of Cre8asite Forums
* Simon Heseltine – Senior Marketing Manager, AOL.com
* Brian Cosgrove – SEO Engineer & Site-Side Analytics Engineer, Avenue A | Razorfish
* Jenny Du – Senior SEO Account Manager, Avenue A | Razorfish
* Debbie Bookstaber – VP of Strategy and Business Development, The JAR Group
* Donna McCarthy – Director of Performance Marketing, The JAR Group
* Eric Hebert – CEO, eVolver Media
* Gloria Bell – Founder, Red Stapler Consulting
* Matt Leonard – Director of Search, Cruise Critic
This is an affordable education that invites your participation. Register while there are still openings. Don’t miss out!